Friday, November 16, 2012

Rita and Grady

The gentleness of the breeze off  Evon River was contrary to what was going on upstairs,Hempton Towers, Apartment 2E.

Rita motioned for Grady to come close.She was looking out the window, marveling at the way the moon's glow played on the water. He came over and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Look how the moon is all yellow and bright ...like a big, golden coin...isn't it beautiful?
 
"Yeah, it's awesome...by the way, where were you today, around noon? I came up and rang your bell... thought you told me you were working in today. I had pizza-trying to have lunch with you!"

"You should have called." Rita eased up from under Grady's hand and plopped down on the couch. She hated to be cross-examined.

"Why you getting a attitude?"

"I'm as close as your cell. You should have called. I had to step out."

"Thought I'd surprise you.... Rita,?" he came and sat by her on the couch,"everything alright?"


~TO BE CONTINUED~

No comments:

Post a Comment