Friday, April 20, 2012

Blue skies, anyone?

Staying in "thankful" mode, keeps you uplifted, enabling you to rise above dark thoughts. No matter how you may feel about your achievements, or lack thereof, YOU CAN GIVE THANKS FOR HAVING MUCH!
Stop, right now (I'll wait for you!) and write down ten things that you're thankful for....tomorrow, same time, write another ten!
As I write this passage, my ten come quickly to mind: 1) Woke up sane 2)Breathing on my own 
                                                      3)Used bathroom on my own
                                                      4)Had a pleasant conversation, with my son, before he left for work.
                                                      5)Will prepare a hot lunch, and eat it with utensils, as opposed to being fed through a tube.
6)Listening to music with two functional ears
7)Inside, warm
8)Enjoying a sunny Spring day!
9)Neighbors are quiet today (one day at a time) smiles*
10)Internet is up with no interruptions in service.


My ten. I could have easily kept going..how about you?

Darkness exists, but you CAN minimize it in your own life. Count your blessings often. Staying thankful brightens your attitude, increases faith, invites love.

No comments:

Post a Comment