Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Benjamin

My job at the drugstore was very enlightening on so many levels, but one thing I learned stands out; How Father can, almost immediately, change your heart about a person. For my relationship with one co-worker, it meant going from pure hatred to heavenly love!

Benjamin* was, by all appearances, your average inner-city, young adult male. Hair in cornrows, jeans and tee, part-time student...really nothing out of the ordinary. But within a few days of his hiring, his attitude turned severely hostile towards me. Among other things, he would wait until I came into the area, where the other employees would be lounging, and tell crude jokes waiting to see my reaction. He would taunt me from the balcony above the cash register where I worked, making crude noises. He would turn the lights out while I was still in the storage area doing cleanup....the list goes on.

I examined myself. I got along well with the other young people that worked at the store, always being treated in a business-like way. I used to pray every night that Benjamin would call out sick for the shift. I never complained to my supervisor, because I didn't want any confrontation AT ALL! He was so very vulgar and it was solely directed towards me. My distaste for him was also very strong.

Then "it" happened, suddenly! I came into work one night , saw Benjamin and all hatred for him was gone! I was, delivered supernaturally, of all the mean and ugly feelings I had for him.He seemed to be relieved, too.
Father turned our hearts, for each other, from cold to hot. After that, he began bringing the heavy tubs of supplies into the store for me,taking my register duty for me during my lunch break,  offering happy salutations and expressing general kindness.

Truthfully, I believe he was planted in that drugstore by Father to show me many things. The most important thing? How He can change hearts and minds, supernaturally, for HIS PURPOSES!

As I move forward with my work for Father, I know Benjamin will play a very important part in the plans He has for me to execute into the world. Although I haven't seen Benjamin in over two years, when it is time, we'll connect to do Kingdom business! He'll be a friend....closer than a brother!


GOD IS ABLE!

*not his real name.

No comments:

Post a Comment