Friday, September 14, 2012

black, patent leather Mary Janes
my Sunday shoes
kept
clean and shiny
with just a touch of Vaseline,
skip, skip
away from Saturday's woes
into worship morning

jumping down 4 flights of steps
on the way to St. Lukes,
                           Jesus,
                           redemption and
                           my friend, Cookie

Hallelujah!
and my black, patent leather Mary Janes
are bouncing and clapping 
to Rev. James Cleveland...

on bended knee, Sunday shoes
bottom-side UP
 pray  love  and  honor Father
AMEN!
                          then
                          Jesus,
                          me,
                          redemption,
                          Cookie,
and my black, patent leather Mary Janes
run to penny candy, the monkeybars, Sunday dinner and slumber~

black, patent leather Mary Janes
tucked under my bed

my deliverance. secure.
                     


No comments:

Post a Comment