Monday, January 30, 2012

How you wait makes the difference!

Years ago, when I was in the city shelter, waiting to be found eligible for housing, I had two choices of how to do it. Either I could moan and complain, making everyone miserable, or I could look for positive ways to make the wait painless.
I chose to wait following the rules, attending classes and praying. There were several that chose to wait exhibiting illegal behavior. They sold drugs, fought one another, disrespected the staff and stole from co-clients. 

Same wait, one in the light...the other in the dark.
Waiting in the dark breeds discontent, sadness and criminal activity.Waiting in the light lifts you and those around you. Staying in the light enables you to see your path clear, for what is at the end (the goal), erasing doubt and building faith.

1 comment:

  1. True!! Well written...may God continue to BLESS you as you walk with Him!

    ReplyDelete