Saturday, January 7, 2012

Procrastination is straight from HELL!

Procrastination: Putting off or delaying, especially something requiring immediate attention. Yes, procrastination is straight from Hell. It is meant to destroy you and bring you to naught.
Let me give you a real example:

After a two year stay in New York City's shelter system, I found an apartment. I lived there, happily, for three years then procrastination reared it's ugly head ( and I opened the door for it). Even though I was paying my rent, the landlord had fallen back on his promises of repairing the damages in the apartment. "I" decided that I would make no more rent payments until the damages were repaired. Putting aside the fact, that this is NOT correct procedure, I was always going to the rent office "tomorrow" to speak about it. I even "heard" the enemy say, "You don't bother us about the repairs and we (the Landlord) won't bother you about the rent"-satan's lies!
So, of course, you know what happened! The city marshall knocked on my door, one morning, and gave me minutes to get my essentials out and leave the premises. EVICTED!!!!!

Beware.Sometimes I still struggle with this ugly habit, but I am much better. As soon as you can, deal with the task at hand, even though you see an unpleasant outcome. All in all, you'll be in a better place, mentally and financially, because you dealt with the situation and didn't have the situation deal with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment