Friday, June 22, 2012

Flying....

Paul McCartney turned 70 years old on June 18th! Wow, it's as if it were only yesterday that we, my sister, mom and I, were watching the Beatles' debut on the Ed Sullivan Show.* Gathered around our T.V. console, we picked our favorite as Ed introduced "these youngsters from Liverpool!"

The young girls, in the audience, cheered and squealed in delight, as Paul, Ringo, George and John, youngsters, tore up the stage singing, "All my lovin'".

Oh where have the years gone, Paul? Marriages, school, career, children and ... just the plain every day ups and downs of life. You know, sometimes Time runs....sometimes it takes its' sweet ole Time. Love every minute of it, no matter how it dances by! Happy Birthday, Paul. When all is said and done, I pray the years have been as good to you, as they've been to me........



*American variety show circa 1950's

No comments:

Post a Comment