Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Light= zero darkness

Gathering my ideas together to formulate a syllabus: Simple jewelry- making 101! I hope to bring this class back to the community I called home as a little girl. One of my hobbies is making costume jewelry. I want my love of "the creative" to help open the minds of these youth, giving color and light!

It's important to return to the old neighborhood and encourage the ones coming behind you:

1) It says, to the youth, that past residents leave and come back because the community still holds an important and viable place in their hearts.

2) It shows the youth that success, intelligence and responsibility is birthed from the community. "I, too, can become all of that and reach back!"

3) Inspiration becomes a two-way street. The giver is also inspired, because of the  youth seeking love and knowledge in his midst!

I still  have some research to do, but I expect to teach my class around Christmas time this year. There are many opportunities to reach back. You've accumulated a lot of knowledge....what goodness can you impart?

No comments:

Post a Comment