Monday, June 18, 2012

Fun is a place called Dominican Republic!

Today, I'm interviewing Quincy Maynor, a young New Yorker. He's recently back from a trip to the Dominican Republic, a nation on the island of Hispaniola, the second largest Caribbean nation (after Cuba).


Me: "I understand you're recently back from a trip to D.R.....was it all you thought it would be?"


Quincy: "Yes! It was a great experience. The nightlife was good- I couldn't believe the club was popping on a Monday night!"


Me: "What did you enjoy most about D.R.?"


Quincy: "The people." The people were very nurturing, a home away from home. I loved the women, generally, the people welcomed me with open arms."


Me: "Why D.R.? Was that your first vacation choice?"


Quincy: "Yes, for a vacation this time of the year D.R. was a cheaper option. The weather's nice all year around and I heard good things from friends who've traveled there!

Me: "What did you least enjoy and how could you have made it better?"


Quincy: "I didn't like the street hustlers trying to hustle me out of my money LOL"


Me: "Anything out of the ordinary happen?"


Quincy: "One evening, a couple of friends and I went to a local BBQ restaurant on the beach. We saw a storm was coming and ran back to the hotel. The rain came down like crazy! As I sat on my patio looking at it pouring, suddenly all the lights went off..ALL OVER THE CITY!


Me: "I know that was scary!"


Quincy: "No, it was a new and exciting wrinkle in my trip...anyway the lights came back on within the hour!"


Me: "Do you plan to return to this country, in the near future?"


Quincy: "Yes, I plan on returning late next year. I would like to retire there, if I could. The retirees I met there were having a ball!"


Me: "Thank-you for sharing your trip with us, Quincy! You make me want to pack my bags! ALL ABOARD TO THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment