Monday, January 14, 2013

2000~ a memoir~ Part 1

 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, the Trying years (memoir)


It's 2:00 A.M. and a peek out the window reveals no one is up, except me and the moon.Unspeakable loneliness. Just had one of those anxiety attacks where my mind ,literally, does a somersault and I'm in an insane asylum, straight jacket and all. Thinking back on it now, the only thing the bit humorous about it was me calling out for my ex to help me.

What brought this particular attack on was racing thoughts of a job strike. There was talk of a strike...no money...no money...fines; one thing led to another. I grabbed my Bible and lay it on my chest, open. Concentrating and praying, the load is lightened, my heart rate slows and I am calmed.

I get ready for work...conducting a NYC subway, 10-car consist on the A.M. rush hour. If they only knew...

No comments:

Post a Comment