Tuesday, January 1, 2013

We like the differences...yes, we really do!

Today Q. brought in an eight pack of a yellow bar soap...count 'em - eight bars, in a cellophane package. I'd called him at work and asked him to pick up some soap. "Here", he said, as he handed me the tools needed to bathe! That's what those bars mean to him. Soap: a substance used for washing and cleansing purposes. Period.

Now, me, I would have perused the drugstore shelves sniffing and touching, running my hands over the oval and square shapes. The colors, OH THE COLORS! would have had me gazing and collecting an assortment of the lathery delights! Two pink, three white, a lavender and two turquoise ones...eight bars.

The difference between men and women, even in the small details, is what makes us so interesting to one another. Why we want his opinion on everything, why he won't make a move until we sign off on it. As long as we continue to open dialogue, letting respect and friendly feelings lead, these differences will make for long and profitable business relationships, passionate love relationships and general GOODWILL!

No comments:

Post a Comment