Monday, January 7, 2013

2004 (memoir)

2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, the Trying years (memoir)

Peek in on 2004....
My life had been steadily reeling out of control. I was still working, but the environment was getting extremely dire. A rumor had started that I was in line for a job as a superintendent in the NYCTA. I kid you not! People were actually believing this nonsense. I was met with so much hate and animosity. Rumor had it, that I had a big-wig looking out for my interests. Although I never heard this point being made, I'm sure it was said that I was returning his favor with favors of my own. Employees that had been down with NYCTA for years were outraged.

Common sense went out the window. Everyone, systemwide, was talking about this conductor(eight years on the job, mind you) being promoted to Superintendent. EVERYONE had an opinion about it.

Also around this time, I was dreadfully lonely for male companionship. So what do I do? I get a jar of honey and put not one name, but the name of two NYCTA admirers in it. That situation took my TA experience to a "whole "nother level". I kid you not.
Eventually, I went out on an extended sick leave. But of course it wasn't that simple. I went to a NYCTA psychiatrist( no meds were ever prescribed) and had chiropractic sessions. Why? Doing these things enabled me to have an exit interview, cleanly severing ties with the NYCTA.

Utterly confused and battered, I was on welfare and in housing court.



 Note: N.Y.C.T.A=New York City Transit Authority


Will post 2000, 2001, 2002 2003~ Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment